So, my hubby ordered pizza this weekend and with it came a 2 liter Coke. I decided to use the bottle to begin growing some fresh parsley since I fouled up my attempt this spring putting it outdoors too early. It was a GREAT project to get our daughter in on since she loves playing in the dirt + her plastic shovel was the perfect size.
Steps we took:
- Clean out 2 liter bottle.
- Cut bottle in half-ish so the top can flip and fit into the bottom half.
- Poke holes in the neck of the top half.
- Place a strip of cotton into the cap-less top end packing w/ dirt.
- Pack some more dirt in.
- Place seeds in.
- Cover w/ a little more dirt.
Excess water should be sitting in the bottom half of the 2 liter and should soak up through the cotton cloth to the dirt when the roots of the seeds need it.
It was an awesome pre-bath/nap activity that took advantage of the sunny day AND it’ll save us money in the long run because we’ll have continuous parsley throughout Fall/Winter and won’t have to buy it from the store!